What Is The Test Cricket?

Yesterday, I was looking score updates of ongoing England Vs South Africa Test match on a TV sports channel. South Africa was struggling at 205/5 in reply of England's first inning total 458. After looking at the score, a young man of next generation asked me - 'Now South Africa need 254 to win, right?'

I was shocked. That young man is equally passionate about Cricket; he knows rules, players, records everything but of T20 & ODIs only. He didn't even know what is follow on leave alone the term night watchman! So where we are taking cricket to? It's really heartbreaking to see what's happening with the purest & traditional form of cricket.

Every ODI series always hyped & T20 series even more (IPL is good example). Never seen any Test cricket series hyped (probably except Ashes). Even ICC arranges events only for ODI & T20s.

where is the test cricket?
Cricket

I think, Rahul Dravid's speech at Sir Donald Bradman Oration 2011 should be pilot in the case. He rightly raised few valid points about the Test Cricket. It's been 6 years since he delivered his speech but neither ICC nor any Cricket board shown interest in improvement.

As he mentioned rightly in his speech, few generations still follows Test Cricket, score updates, records etc. (for example like me). But what the next generation asked me about the Test Cricket really put me in worry. 
Follow me on Blogarama