Lack of Video Recording Pause Feature

Few years back I was crazy behind making creative videos using 'Pause' while recording using phone camera. At that time, camera in phone was new thing & I thoroughly  enjoyed those 'experiments' by following this. 

Sooner I purchased a mid range point & shoot camera & shocked when I came to know that I can't pause video recording. I thoughts what's use of investing in such pricey device when basic phone at that time used to have that feature. I googled the reason but I couldn't find it.

Lack of Video Pause Feature in Camera
Point & Shoot Camera
  
This could be the reason! 

I am absolutely not sure if this is the correct reason. To know what I am saying we need to know how the point & shoot camera works. The imaging sensor of such camera is only exposed after the shutter button is pressed fully. Till then whatever in the 'range' of camera is displayed on the LCD screen by some mechanism. 

Now when we press video record button the mechanical parts inside moves such that  light to fall on imaging sensor. Now to pause video recording one need to stop light falling on the imaging sensor.And on removing pause again that sensor should be exposed to external light. This is bit difficult but not impossible at hardware & software level. 

 Note : I haven't purchased any latest point & shoot or DSLR. So have absolutely no idea whether such feature included in those or not.  
Follow me on Blogarama