Puzzle : "Who Stole My Purse?"

An elementary school teacher had her purse stolen. The thief had to be Lilian, Judy, David, Theo, or Margaret. When questioned, each child made three statements: 

Lilian:
(1) I didn’t take the purse.
(2) I have never in my life stolen anything.
(3) Theo did it. 


Judy:
(4) I didn’t take the purse.
(5) My daddy is rich enough, and I have a purse of my own.
(6) Margaret knows who did it. 


David:
(7) I didn’t take the purse.
(8) I didn’t know Margaret before I enrolled in this school.
(9) Theo did it. 


"Who Stole My Purse?"


Theo:
(10) I am not guilty.
(11) Margaret did it.
(12) Lillian is lying when she says I stole the purse. 


Margaret:
(13) I didn’t take the teacher’s purse.
(14) Judy is guilty.
(15) David can vouch for me because he has known me since I was born. 


Later, each child admitted that two of his statements were true and one was false. Assuming this is true, who stole the purse?

Here is name of the thief! 

Comments

Follow me on Blogarama